- Don’t be self-righteousJesus told this parable: ‘Two men went to the Temple to pray. One was a Pharisee, and the other was a despised tax collector. The Pharisee stood by himself and prayed this prayer: “I thank you, God, that I am not like other people – cheaters, sinners, adulterers. I’m certainly not like that tax collector! […]
- ‘I have told you these things, that My joy and delight may be in you.’’‘I have told you these things, that My joy and delight may be in you.’’ (John 15:11 AMPC) You need to enjoy each day of your life for Christ’s sake, because He paid a very high price for you to be able to. He said, ‘I came that they may have and enjoy life, and […]
- ‘Let’s celebrate and be glad today.’ (Psalm 118:24 CEV)Each day is a gift from God. Next to your salvation, today is the most valuable gift you will ever receive. When you receive a gift, what do you do? Thank the giver, unwrap it, and enjoy it. Getting the idea? One Bible teacher writes: ‘I make an effort to focus on and enjoy every […]
- The drop in temperature can cause our home’s pipes to freeze or burst.To help take the worry away and prevent needing to call out an emergency plumber, here is some simple guidance on how to protect your home this winter and reduce the amount of heat that’s lost – saving energy and money. Winter wise winsCover any external pipes – covering or ‘lagging’ your external pipework with […]
- Public Urged to Use ‘Common Sense’ as Ambulance Workers StrikeDial 999 ‘As Usual’…
- Christmas Day and Boxing DayUnfortunately due to much illness in the community we have had to take the sad decision to cancel our Christmas Day service and Boxing day event.
- ‘There is God’If God is for us, who can be against us? Certainly not God, who did not even keep back his own Son, but offered him for us all! He gave us his Son—will he not also freely give us all things?
- Strep ASymptoms of a strep A infectionCommon symptoms of strep A include: flu-like symptoms, such as a high temperature, swollen glands or an aching body sore throat (strep throat or tonsillitis)a rash that feels rough, like sandpaper (scarlet fever)scabs and sores (impetigo)pain and swelling (cellulitis)severe muscle achesnausea and vomitingMost strep A infections are not serious and […]
- What’s happening in DecemberDecembers calendar
- Rekindle your love for Jesus. Do you doubt that God will be gracious to you? Read this: ‘You are a God of forgiveness, gracious and merciful…rich in unfailing love. You did not abandon them’ (Nehemiah 9:17 NLT)
- Never compromise on God’s WordWe must constantly reaffirm our scriptural foundations.
- PRACTICAL IDEAS TO HELP YOU THROUGH THE COST OF LIVING CRISISClaim your energy subsidy – make sure if you are a pensioner that you do get the extra fuel allowance this winter and under the governments price cap, that you either get the payment or you energy company might be processing it for you. Virtually everyone is eligible. The citizens advice bureau has all the […]